What are known in France as Installations Classified with respect to the Environment (ICPE) are those that might entail environmental hazards or dangers. They are therefore subject to special legislation and regulations.
In particular, for warehouses (subject to section 1510 of the governmental classification of such installations), substantiation must be provided indicating that “constructional arrangements are made to ensure that, in the event of fire, the failure of a given element (wall, roof, column, beam, mezzanine) will not lead to domino failure of the structure of the building, in particular adjacent storage cells, or of their compartmentation systems, or to collapse in an outward direction of the structure of the cell on fire”.
are our responsibility.
The Cerib Fire Testing Centre’s expertise in the field of fire can be brought to bear on different types of studies:
• The necessary failure-mode studies (for concrete, steel, and composite construction) regardless of the regulations to which the warehouse is subject
• Fire-safety-engineering studies that consider the specific features of the warehouse (mezzanine, subject to authorization with a surface area of over 6,000 m², etc.)
• Studies requiring determination of technical solutions that combine optimization of instructions and safety to meet regulatory requirements
• Fire-resistance studies when a load-bearing requirement (R15, R60, etc.) is expressed.
As a result of its state-of-the-art equipment, the Cerib Fire Testing Centre has won acclaim for its expertise in the fire performance of structures.
Cerib, which is approved by the French Ministry of the Interior as a fire-resistance laboratory, is one of only three bodies in the country entitled to issue design appraisal reports (‘avis sur étude’) on fire-safety-engineering studies pertaining to fire resistance.
Cerib has 50 years of experience in the construction industry, serving:
• local authorities in charge of classified (ICPE) facilities (DREAL)
• fire services and associated technical experts (SDIS)
• ICPE operators: holders of operating permits
• owners, operators, or lessors of warehouses
• builders of mezzanines
• manufacturers of logistics systems.